Friday, January 30, 2009

Make It Yourself - Pancake Syrup

This isn't one of those “good for you” recipes, but we eat lots of waffles and consume a lot of syrup! I would love to serve real maple syrup but just can't justify the expense! This recipe is from the Tightwad Gazette. In my opinion it is quite a bit better tasting then the normal pancake syrup I used to buy. It is simple to make and quite cheap! I never run out of syrup now, which saves one of those emergency trips to the store! That makes it a winner at our house!

3 cup sugar
1 ½ cup water
3 T. molasses
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp butter flavoring
1 tsp maple extract (I couldn't find this ingredient, so substituted 2 tsp maple flavoring)

Bring all ingredients to a good rolling boil. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Turn off the burner but let the pot sit until bubbling stops. Cool. I like to pour into an old syrup bottle.

1 comment :

  1. Thank you so much, this will come in handy for me with the Grandkids!

    I am looking forward to trying this.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails