Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'm back!

No, I didn't give up blogging. Our computer just decided to take an unannounced vacation! Since we are a one computer family, that ended my on line life temporarily!

I actually was thinking of going on a blogging vacation. At the beginning of September, I was feeling very overwhelmed. Not only did I never find the end of my "to do" list but it seemed to be growing arms and tentacles and was threatening to choke me. Maybe I just enjoy doing too many things, but there is always far more that I'd like to accomplish then I ever find time for. To the busy canning and gardening season was added my wish to get on a better family routine and be more consistent in homeschooling our five year old. At the same time the five month old decided to wake up multiple times at night. I really wasn't having a good attitude and thought that a computer fast might not be a bad idea. The computer is one time hog that I could easily do without. But it was just something I was thinking about until the computer crashed and getting online was no longer an option!

I can't say that I've accomplished tons more then usual since being without keyboard distractions. Hopefully that means I am succeeding in my goal of keeping my computer time in balance. But I do feel much less overwhelmed. Whether it is because the garden is coming to a conclusion, or the baby is sleeping better, or the lack of computer - I don't know. Perhaps, I've just put that massive blood-sucking "to do" list in it's rightful place. My goal is to glorify God, be a help meet to my husband, a joyful mother to my children, and reflect Christ to the world. The list is only important as it reaches those goals! At least that is what I'm learning!

2 comments :

  1. I've been wondering where you were. I enjoy reading what you post. Just thought I would tell you that you were missed. I too know all about the time spent on the computer and the endless "to do" list. I am glad to say that I find myself on the computer less and spending more time doing things on my list. Not that I will ever get everything on my list done, but I am working on it more now. Glad the baby is sleeping better. Lack of sleep is not a good thing for me and it makes me short tempered. Something that I am working on. Being on the computer less and getting to bed at a decent hour helps that tremendously. Glad to see that you are back. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is neat how God MADE you take a computer break! I totally understand the thing of feeling like blogging can take up precious time. I've cut back a bit myself lately too...feel like I am needing a breather.

    Glad to see you back again. I missed reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails