Friday, May 14, 2010

Cheesy Enchiladas

I split this recipe into two 9x13 pans, making one meal to eat now and one to freeze.

Cheese Sauce:
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
3 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheese
1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt

Meat Mixture:
2 lb ground beef
1 pint kidney beans
1 onion, chopped
1-2 T. taco seasoning (depending on your family's preference of heat)
1 tsp salt

2 cup shredded cheese
12 (or more) tortillas

For cheese sauce: Melt butter, stir in flour and whisk in milk. Cook until thick. Add cheese and sour cream.
For meat mixture: Brown beef and onion. Stir in seasonings and beans.
Spoon meat mixture into tortillas. (I found about 1/2 cup is good.) Sprinkle some cheese.
Roll up and placed in greased casserole. Pour cheese sauce on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until bubbly. Serve with salsa, lettuce and tomatoes.

Find more great freezer recipes at Life as Mom.

5 comments :

  1. I wasn't hungry till I clicked on your post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter noticed that it states to bake at 350 for 20-230 minutes.We assume it means 20-23 minutes.:)Just wanted to point it out.~We think it looks and sounds delicious and we plan to make it soon.Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki-
    Thanks for catching my mistake! I've corrected it!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess What I am having for dinner tomorrow night. Great recipe as always Gina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou Gina, doing this tomorrow night!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails