Monday, June 7, 2010

Strawberry Glaze

Several of you asked about the strawberry glaze I mentioned last week. This recipe was shared with us last year by a friend. Not only did she share the recipe, but also gave us a container of the glaze with an angel food cake. It was delicious, but with a new baby, I didn't make any last year. (The baby was my excuse for anything and everything I didn't get done last year. Too bad I have no excuse this year!)

Note: Therm Flo is similar to Clear Jell but used for canning and freezing. I found it at my local bulk food store.

2 cups sugar
4 T Therm Flo
4 cups boiling water
8 T strawberry jello
2 quart sliced strawberries

Mix sugar and Therm Flo together. Add water and jello. Mix and allow to cool. Pour over strawberries and pack into freezer boxes.

Variation: Also good with fresh peaches and peach jello.

5 comments :

  1. Hi Gina,
    Your blog is such a blessing!!! Thanks for the strawberry glaze recipe. I'm gonna try it today. Also thanks for being Melody's "Little Red Hen". The bread was simply delicious. I wish I had torn off a bigger bite! Blessings on your day!
    Lynette Nell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made some yummy strawberry topping last night. Everyone thought it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Gina...
    I'm a long-ago-acquaintance that has been following your blog for a couple of months. I have really enjoyed it. I wanted to thank you for posting that recipe again. My mom used it and loved it. I wanted to try it and couldn't find it when I needed it, so thanks!!!

    Tancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. When seeking information on how many calories in strawberries, there are a lot of different measures to consider. Such as the size potion, as well as the way the strawberries are processed.

    Strawberry Glaze

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails