Friday, August 6, 2010

The Time Keeper

Ever feel like you have too many things on your mind? Often I think that if I could just clear my mind of all the things that are rattling around then I could actually get something done!

I've always loved the planner aisle of the office supply store. I dreamed of how the perfect product could turn me into an efficient and organized person.

Several years ago, my husband helped me design a simple planner that was perfect for my life as a homemaker. It gave me a place to jot down our appointments for the week, the important (or not so important) tasks I hoped to accomplish, and a menu plan.

Gradually that little book has become my brain. It lays open in my kitchen at all times and is filled with my scribbles, notes, and oddments that I don't want to forget. I can't imagine life without my planner. I'm still not an organized person (you don't want to see the desk in front of the computer screen right now) but a whole less falls through the cracks when I'm using my planner.
Last year I discovered The Time Keeper. Starla had designed a planner for homemakers that contained all the facets of my beloved homemade planner, but Starla turned it into a beautiful tool.

I have so enjoyed using Starla's Time Keeper this year. It is a delight to have a lovely planner designed by a busy mom just like me.  I can't wait to see the new 2011 version!  This year, Starla added some new features like perforated grocery lists.

I know it seems ridiculous to talk about 2011 when it is only August. But I also know that my fall will flit by quickly. I plan to order my planner soon so that I can begin to plan for the new year!

Just so you know, I'm not payed to endorse The Time Keeper. I'm just a very satisfied customer. Starla and I have emailed often enough that she feels like a personal friend - plus she reads my blog! I think her planner could benefit many other ladies as it has me! You can see more photos and order directly from The Time Keeper website. If you live in my area and want to combine your order with mine to save shipping, let me know in the next two weeks.

What tools do you use to organize your home and life?

4 comments :

  1. I don't think I qualify living in your area, but I'm ready to place my order, too! :-) Think I might wait until we move to ME though just to make less hassle. Thanks for introducing me last year....Randy & I both enjoy it so much, and it's an open book on our counter top, too! :-)

    ~Eunice

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! What a great link! I will show my hubby. I am always saying..."I just need a notebook for (fill in the blank) and I am sure things would run better." This post was just up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As my schedule got more hectic, mostly because the children started having schedules and such, one of the best investments I made was in a big desktop calender. Everyone can write in their appointments and notes and I can tell in one glance what is supposed to be happening at certain times in the month. It also comes in handy for writing down notes and phone numbers cause I can't find scrap paper to write down something I need to keep in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo can't wait to check out The Time Keeper; right now I use two notebooks to manage my home! One is a wire-bound calendar with lots of lines for each date; the other is a small notebook where I keep running lists of groceries, to-dos, menus for the week, a "who owes whom what" page (since I can with a few friends, and we often buy our produce in bulk together!), etc. Yep, this notebook is always right at hand ... so excited to see the Time Keeper book! I am always on the lookout for good calendars.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails