Thursday, March 22, 2012

Book Review - Ionica

 

I enjoy finding books for my children about children from other parts of the world. Ionica by Marie Yoder is a story of an orphan in Romania. We enjoyed learning a few Romanian words while reading the story of Ionica's journey to a new home where he learned about God for the first time. While parts of the story are a little sad, my children loved the book. Their favorite part was Ionica's adventures with his new puppy.

The short chapters in Ionica would make it a good book for a beginning reader. Nearly every page is illustrated with line drawings.

A similar sized book from the same publisher that we also enjoyed is Sunshine Through the Storm. It is a true story about God's protection through a tornado.

Christian Light Publications gave me a free copy of Ionica to review but all opinions are my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails