Monday, July 23, 2012

Spaghetti Zucchini

With my zucchini plants producing hyperactively, I'm looking for ways to incorporate zucchini into our menus.  I could eat zucchini crust pizza several times a week but my children would complain. This recipe, shared by a friend, was a simple and yummy main dish. I like that the zucchini takes the place of the pasta.


Spaghetti Zucchini


4 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 green pepper, chopped
1 lb ground beef
1 cup spaghetti sauce
2 cup mozzarella cheese

Brown ground beef with onion and peppers. Mix everything but mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle mozzarella on top and bake at 350 for 50 minutes.

10 comments :

  1. looks great...I'm facing similar mountains of zucchini......I'm assuming a 9x13 pan size?
    thanks,
    cathy b.

    P.S.Here's another great zuke recipe...
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/07/zucchini-tots.html
    I made them last night and we really loved 'em...dipped in ketchup, I'd imagine they would go down quite easily with kids, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy-
      Thanks for noticing that I missed the pan size. I do use a 9x13.
      Gina

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious. When I was a child and our zucchini plants were producing heavy, mom always made fried zucchini patties. They were shredded zucchini, onion, a little flour and salt and pepper, then fried. They were delicious. I have also seen a cookbook with 101 ways to use zucchini. I have also heard of canning it with pineapple juice and it is suppose to taste just like pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds really good! I also like thinly sliced zucchini (sliced the long way) for lasagna noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great! I'm going to make it tonight.

    Is this cooked in a 2 qt baking dish?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made this for lunch yesterday. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dish looks wonderful! I need to look for someone with an abundance of zucchini.
    A friend planted 8 zucchini seeds in her garden one year..she had no idea:) I told her that I sure hoped she would have enough places to bring zucchini to. She didn't understand until they started bearing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the great recipe! I made this dish last night and it was delicious! This year we planted yellow zucchini so it gives zucchini dishes a new look.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails