Friday, June 27, 2014

Rhubarb Cheesecake Bars


Early this spring, my sister-in-law Emily made this dessert. I knew I needed to get the recipe.

Only problem - when this is in my fridge, I eat far too much. Somehow the combination of tart rhubarb and luscious cheesecake is perfect! The layers take more time than some desserts but the result is worth it!

I wonder if this recipe would also work for cherries?


 



Rhubarb Cheesecake Bars


Crust:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup cold butter
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp vanilla

Mix flour, sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until small crumbs. Add walnuts and vanilla. Press into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool.

Filling:
2 (8 oz.) packs cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla. Pour over crust. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until light brown. Cool.

Topping:
3 cups chopped rhubarb
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 T cornstarch
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Add all ingredients to saucepan and bring to boil. Cook until thick - about five minutes. Cool. Pour over filling.

Refrigerate bars for at least one hour before serving.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails